Customer Service Representative
Are you ready for a challenging career with a leading manufacturer in the automotive lubrication industry?
Who We Are
Samson Corporation is a progressive and innovative manufacturer of hose reels, control handles, pumps, and other lubrication handling equipment for the automotive industry. Samson is one of 28 companies throughout Europe & America in the Samoa Industrial Group of companies, which, since 1958 has emerged as the largest manufacturer in the world of quality lubrication equipment.
We have ranchers, pickle ballers (yep, it’s a sport, look it up), motorcycle riders, jewelry makers, beer brewers, master grillers. We have family people, single people, happy people. You will make friends here.
Who You Are
As the Technical Services leader, you are part of our post-sales support team and your passion for providing excellent customer satisfaction contributes to our high level of customer satisfaction. Acting as technical support to customers nationwide, you will communicate in a professional, helpful, and engaging tone and focus on finding the right solution with each customer.
You will connect with our customers to address questions and resolve issues through multiple channels such as phone, email, and, occasionally, in-person. Yep, that means some travel, even to Canada and Mexico.
With your hands-on mechanical experience, you will analyze, troubleshoot, and repair equipment as needed, especially if that experience is with air-operated pumps and hose reels.
With your tech-savvy skills and excellent communication abilities, you will use service manual and troubleshooting guides to train coworkers and customers and facilitate Service Schools.
What It Pays
Obviously, that depends on you! If you have the right skill set but no experience in our industry, we are willing to train and invest in you. If you have the right skill set AND experience with our products, we are willing to pay you more. Eligible for comprehensive benefits package and incentive pay.
Customer Service Representative
Position Title: Customer Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Under the general supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor, facilitate the Company’s business by providing to its customers the means of satisfying their equipment and information needs in a timely, accurate and pro-active manner.
- Translates customers’ purchase orders into sales orders in accordance with current Customer Service and Sales and Marketing procedures and policies, ensuring price specifications, ship date, and administrative accuracy in order to meet or exceed customers’ expectations and to ensure accuracy of accumulated sales data.
- Administers assigned customer accounts proactively and creatively, within the scope of current policy regarding returns, credit, minimums and warranty in order to maximize the generation of business from each account.
- Provides, or makes arrangements for providing, accurate and timely information in response to customers’ inquiries regarding price, specification, application, availability and policy.
- Contributes to the maintenance of customer information database by communicating contact name changes to the database administrator.
- Communicates the “voice of the customer’ regarding quality and service concerns to the Quality Manager and to the Sales and Marketing management.
- Maintains appropriate files according to sound service and business practice.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Normal office conditions with the majority of the day seated taking phone calls. Occasionally lift and carry up to 15 pounds. No unusual twisting, bending, and climbing etc. Use of a computer terminal and the ability to manually manipulate information and complete forms. Visual requirements to retrieve information.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent, with two (2) years of customer service experience preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Demonstration of excellent interpersonal communication and administrative skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to use Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Accurate data entry skills with strong attention to detail.
- Basic multi-line phone skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or the understanding of manufacturing practices is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Management retains the discretion to add or change these at any time necessary to meet customer commitments, associate development, and/or business needs.